- The orifice located in the oil bottle opening helps you follow correct dosages. It also helps prevent small children from accidentally swallowing large amounts of essential oil. If you suspect that a child has consumed a large quantity of oil, give them milk and seek medical advice.
- Seek the advice of a health professional before topically applying any oil to children that includes dilution directions on the product label.
- When applying a new oil, test 1 drop on a small patch of skin first (e.g., on the underside of the forearm). Skin sensitivity is highly individual. If the skin feels hot or turns red, apply a vegetable oil (V-6™ or olive) to the area to dilute. Washing the area with water is less effective.
- Use only 1 new oil at a time to determine how your body responds. Wait 30 minutes before applying another new oil.
- Certain oils may sting the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oil residue on the fingers may damage contact lenses or cause eye discomfort. If accidental stinging does occur, put 1–2 drops of pure vegetable oil into the eye.
- Avoid putting essential oils directly into the ears.
- Pure citrus oils may compound the effects of sun exposure. Limit prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for up to 12 hours (up to 24 hours for angelica and lime; up to 48 hours for bergamot) after applying these undiluted essential oils to the skin.
- Cosmetics, personal-care products, or cleansers with synthetic ingredients penetrate the dermal layers of the skin. Avoid applying essential oils to areas you use these products, as it may take these chemicals deeper into skin, fatty tissue, or the bloodstream.
- Avoid using essential oils on skin that has been damaged or affected by chemical burns.
- When adding essential oils to a bath, first mix 5–10 drops of essential oil to 1/4 cup of Young Living Bath & Shower Gel Base or Epsom salt and then add to running water.
- Limit the diffusion of unfamiliar essential oils to 10 minutes/day, increasing the time after determining their effects. The length of time should depend on the size of the room and potency of the oils (see application chart).
Here’s a little word to the wise for you:
See how easy it is to reseal bottles without any outward sign?
Anyone can buy sealed bottle caps in bulk online, and easily put them on bottles of essential oils. Who knows what is actually in the bottle you’re seeing listed on eBay or Amazon!
Where Should I Get My Oils?
Young Living’s Seed to Seal process ensures that when you purchase a bottle of essential oil, you’re getting exactly that- the essential oil. Nothing more, nothing less! Read more about Seed to Seal.
That said, the best way to get your oils is through me! Learn how to get your starter kit here. You’ll get the oils delivered to your door, directly from the Young Living farms. No risk of adulterated, diluted, or added junk. You don’t want that when your goal is wellness!